Dogs are wonderful companions that bring joy, love, and companionship to our lives. If you’ve invested in professional dog training with us, it’s important to continue working with your dog even after they’ve completed their initial training. Here are some reasons why continuing dog training is essential:
- Reinforcing behaviors: Consistency is key when it comes to dog training. If you don’t reinforce the behaviors your dog has learned, they may forget what they’ve learned or start to revert to their old habits. Continuing training helps to reinforce the behaviors your dog has already learned and encourages them to continue following your commands.
- Building new skills: Professional dog training is typically focused on basic obedience training. However, there are many other skills and behaviors that your dog can learn, such as advanced obedience, agility training, or even therapy dog training. Continuing training can help your dog learn new skills and behaviors that can benefit them and enhance your relationship.
- Strengthening the bond: Training your dog is not just about teaching them new behaviors. It’s also an opportunity to strengthen your bond with your furry friend. Continuing training can help to deepen your relationship with your dog and build trust between you and your pet.
- Maintaining mental stimulation: Dogs thrive on mental stimulation, and training is an excellent way to provide them with this stimulation. Continuing training can help to keep your dog mentally stimulated and engaged, which can prevent boredom and unwanted behaviors.
- Adapting to new situations: Life is full of surprises, and there may be times when your dog needs to adapt to new situations or environments. Continuing training can help your dog learn how to adapt to new situations and handle them with confidence.
In conclusion, continuing dog training at home is essential for maintaining the behaviors your dog has already learned and keeping them fresh in the dogs mind. By investing this time with your dog, you’ll not only improve their behavior, but you’ll also enhance your relationship and create a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life for you and your furry friend.
Phone & Email
(606) 423-3320 Office
(606) 875-3238 Cell
M-F: 10am - 6pm
3280 East Hwy 635
Science Hill KY 42553